Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I have returned- newlywed or newlymom? or BOTH?

So… it has been exactly a year since I last wrote in this blog. I knew i was going on a bit of a hiatus when I last wrote because i was just starting a new job and getting ready to head on a belated honeymoon to Italy. I didn't realize at the time that I'd be even more delayed by having a crazy pregnancy full of morning iciness and other general iciness, followed by the most wonderful experience of welcoming my son into the world and the new insanity that ensues with having a newborn in your life.
Don't worry, I had plenty of Shakespeare in my life during the past year. Dan and I did our second Pandanda Players show- M is for Marriage, I directed a 70 min touring production of Julius Caesar, I was the text coach for Love's Labour's Lost, and I led several Shakespeare workshops for jr. high and high school students.
Now, I'm trying to get into a new routine, still solidifying new job possibilities, and still learning new things every day about becoming a parent. I want to come back to this blog but I've had two worries: 1. I will be sporadic/won't have time- after all, I'm looking after a 3 month old. But you know what? Most of the bloggers I know who aren't getting some form of advertising revenue don't update everyday, and better sporadic than never, right?
2. Now that I'm a new mom, can I still consider myself a newlywed? Won't the tone of my blog change? This really bothered me for a while but you know what? I say no. I mean yes, I might focus more on parent/children relationships but that's something I was interested in before. And you know what else? I'm even more madly in love with Dan seeing him as a father than I was during our first year+ of marriage when I was writing before. So on to the adventure and re-cap the first act of Othello i wrote about a year ago because it's on to the 2nd act soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment